1. BULGARIAN YOUTH FORUM – Bulgaria;
3. UMBRELLA – Georgia;
4. Civic Organization “Development and Initiative” – Ukraine;
5. Be Visible Be YOU – Greece;
6. Federation of Youth Clubs of Armenia – Armenia;
7. Association for Cultural and Educational Development YOUTH ON BOARD – Republic of N. Macedonia.
The project “Youth work VS Fake News” under Erasmus+ programme aims at exploring the power and role of youth work in addressing the fake news issue and analyzing the role and impact of mass media messages in creating a stereotypical image of particularly vulnerable social groups, e.g. migrants (labour migrants, involuntary migrants, refugees, IDPs) and various social minorities (racial, ethnic, cultural, and sexual).
The project objectives were as follows:
• To equip youth workers with creative tools, activities and methodologies exploring media literacy, digital
competences and the promotion of intercultural and diversity competences and understanding.
• To share the experience of addressing the fake news at the national level among participants
• To develop participants skills to analyze and evaluate the power and impact of media images and messages.
• To carry out and disseminate handbook for youth workers for combating fake news
• To explore further possibilities of projects and cooperations on this topic within the framework of the
The aim of the handbook “Combating Fake News” is to serve as a tool for the youth workers to filter the news that they or their peers consume every day. It is giving answers to what is fake news and how to fight against them. It provides relevant and effective tools for combating fake news in both the offline and online spaces. Also, the outdoor and online experiments with subsequent results and statistics are enclosed in the handbook to give more insight for the youth workers on how the problem is relevant and vivid in our days among youth based on polish example and how should we tackle the issue within the resources we have.
The handbook has been created by the participants of the training course and has been designed by the team of trainers. You can download it here: Handbook “Combating Fake News”